- Latex balloons
- Nylon line (often called fishing or monofilament line)
- 2 Weights
- Balloon sizer or cardboard template
- Curling ribbon or tulle
Cut the nylon line (fishing line/monofilament line) to desired length according to the formula below
Tie both ends to something sturdy eg the helium cylinder or the back of a chair
Inflate the balloons with helium to the same size using a balloon sizer or a simple circular template cut out of a piece of cardboard will help consistency.
Tie the balloons on to the line (always approaching the line from the same side)
Leave a consistent gap between each balloon (approximately 12”). The balloons may moved gently along once they have been tied on.
Untie the ends of the line from the helium cylinder or chair and secure with a suitable weight such as a frilly foil or star weight.
Finishing touches may be added to the arch by attaching curling ribbon to each balloon and allowing it to hang down. Tulle is also popular, particularly for weddings
Arch length formula
- If the arch is wider than it is tall: Height + Width = approximate total length
- If the arch height and width are about the same: (1.5 x Height) + Width = approximate total length
- If the arch is taller than it is wide: (2 x Height) + Width = approximate total length