We could tell you all about how Signature Balloons have great quality products, fantastic service, value our customers above everything else etc., etc.. All true, but many companies say that sort of thing and let’s face it, we’re becoming immune to it. So, we thought you would prefer to really learn a little more ‘about us’.
Our aim is to create joy and happiness through balloons. Sounds deep, but as Winnie the Pooh once said “No one can be un-cheered by a balloon”. He was right; try giving a balloon to someone in the street and see if they don’t smile! Seriously, try it!
Anyway, the way we try to create this joy and happiness is by building everything we do on what we consider to be our core values. This is very ‘corporate’ sounding but we have found that if we live and work by these values as a business, the customer focus, quality of products etc., all follow.
Our core values
We have fun
If we have fun at work (how many people do?) we believe our customers and suppliers ‘feel it’ and it makes the world a better place :-). A few things we do:
- Watch silly videos on YouTube
- Eat chocolate
- Race around our courtyard (all of us!) to get a bit of energy in the afternoon (Andy always wins!)
- Sing silly songs in the courtyard much to the amusement of our neighbours.
- Eat pizza if we hit targets!
- Climb masts of tall ships for charity (was that fun??)
- Ring our ship’s bell if something good happens!
We focus on the solution not the problem
If you have a problem (need balloons by a certain date, have trouble with your helium, want something we don’t offer, have a limited budget) we will always try find a solution to that problem. If we are unable to solve it, we do our best to come up with an alternative solution even if it means going to a competitor. Obviously we try to avoid this, but if it is the best solution for you we will make that suggestion!
We promote honest and open communication
In life, we truly believe the best way to solve any issues or get to the bottom of something is to have open and honest communication. Sometimes it is a difficult situation and you don’t want to have ‘that conversation’, but most of the time, when you do, it is far easier than you expected. We always communicate openly with our customers and within the team. We do occasionally make mistakes but when we do, we put our hands up and admit it. We then go back to value number 2 to focus on the solution!
We always treat others as we expect to be treated ourselves
Simply be nice and respect other people. This goes for the team as well as with our customers. Not much more to say here as it is pretty self-explanatory!
We take pride in ourselves, our products and our service
We are very proud of what we offer from a product and service point of view, however, we realise that what we offer is only as good as the team we have in place. Thankfully we are very proud of the team and the team are proud of what they offer individually to our customers, so “Thanks team”!
We have a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
We enter into a relationship with our customers before they even become customers with the attitude that we will be able to help in some way.”Sorry, it’s not something we offer’” is an all too common phrase these days but not at Signature Balloons! We can’t always help all of our customers and potential customers all of the time but we certainly strive to find a solution.
So there you have it, the values that help us offer you the best service we can whilst creating a little joy and happiness along the way.
A bit more ‘about us’ and the team at Signature Balloons
Things we like (team mash):
- YouTube, Twitter & Facebook
- Smell of new magazines
- A challenge
- Biscuits (custard creams especially)
- Dancing the bumblebee (you don’t want to ask) & chair dancing
- Our suppliers, our web designers & our accountant (really, we do!)
- ‘Thank you’ emails from our customers
- ‘Lie to Me’
- Cats & hamsters (not together)
- Food & drink (especially sausages, Guinness, pizza, tomatoes, milk, wine and London Pride)
- Singing out of tune (particularly to ‘1,2,3,4,5 Once I Caught A Fish Alive’)
- Having a tan
- A clean & tidy house
- Debate (intellectual and otherwise)
- Did we mention chocolate?
- Getting upgraded on a plane
- Getting into bed after a long day
- Michael Macintyre
- Exceeding targets
- Solutionising (word courtesy of Andy!)
- Gardening (in summer)
- Pandora & Murano glass beads
- BIG sandwiches
- 80s kids TV shows
- Ctrl + Z (life saver!)
- The internet (was there life before it?)
- Giving a compliment
- Receiving a compliment!
Things we dislike (team mash):
- Getting older
- Kids (only sometimes!)
- Summer heat when in bed
- Traffic jams
- Falling over
- Being ill
- Tea with sweeteners/sugar
- Busy shopping centres
- Rude drivers & middle lane hoggers!
- Sour sweets
- Ice on the pavements and roads
- People not recycling
- Being cold
- Being fat!
- Dark mornings / evenings
We would really like you to order from us and we hope we will bring you happiness and joy with our balloons. So, just as a little ‘secret’ reward for taking the time to get to know us, order anything on the website and use the code ABOUTUS to get 10% off everything in your basket!
Greg & Rachel (founders of Signature Balloons) and our team of Balloonologists.